The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. (Isa 35:1 KJV)
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground . . . (Isa 44:3 KJV)



Monday, May 18, 2020

GIDEON'S ARMY

Judges 7.  How we are chosen.

Gideon started out with 32,000 troops to go to war with the Midianites.  God said it was too many.  Send away the fearful and afraid.  That left him with 10,000.  And God said, "still too many."  The warriors were selected by how they handled the water (Word).  Some dropped to their knees and put their face in the water others dipped their hand into the water to bring it up to their mouth.  

It was the ones who were alert and watchful, discerning of what they were drinking and not the ones who buried their faces and drank indiscriminately that were chosen.

So it is today.  We can't swallow everything and please God.

Lord, I chose not to be fearful or afraid.  I will handle Your Word responsibly and encourage others.  I will not be careless with Your precious Word.  You have called me to a higher standard.  Don't let me bring shame to Your holy name.